What a sweet surprise! Sadie from Sadie’s Nest has nominated me for the Liebster Award! I am very humbled to be nominated and so honored to be included in such a wonderful group of bloggers! Thank you so much, Sadie!
From the very first time I visited Sadie’s Nest, I felt so warmly welcomed. I am inspired by her delicious recipes, her beautifully-written blogs and her heart for God, family and friends. Visiting her blog is like visiting a dear friend — a place of comfort where you can sit, chat and share. Stop by and say hello — I know you will love getting to know Sadie!
The Liebster Award is a promotional award passed on from bloggers to other bloggers with less than 200 followers. It’s a wonderful way to reach out and get better acquainted with our fellow blogging friends! (Liebster (German) means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.)
Here’s how the Liebster Award works:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator
- Display the Liebster Award logo in your post
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for the nominees
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs that they have been nominated Here are my answers to the questions I was given:
1.How did you get started on your blog?
I’ve always loved to write, so a few months ago, I started looking into blogging. The next thing I knew, I was opening an account with Word Press! It is a wonderful experience, and I am enjoying it so much!
2.What is the hardest thing you’ve found about blogging?
I have so many recipes, stories, adventures I want to share! The hardest part for me has been trying to decide what to blog on first! Also learning how to photograph food. 😉
3. What is your favorite blog post?
It would have to be “Danish Aebleskiver Recipe” where I wrote about cooking with my Grandma — it brought up so many lovely memories of her, and as I was writing, I could picture being in the kitchen with her and hearing her sweet laugh.
4. If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
I’ve been pondering this very deep question all day. I would definitely want to be with my family and tell them how much I love them. I would also be thanking Jesus for the great hope we all have in Him! “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son — that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.” ~John 3:16
5. Sweet or savory?
You really need both, but I’m sure you can guess from my blog what I would gravitate towards!
6.What is your favorite passion or hobby?
I love spending time with God, my family and my friends, blogging, cooking/baking, going for walks (in the countryside, along the beach, in the mountains), learning about various countries, and I would love to travel more!
7.What is a motto or quote you live by?
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways ackowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6
8.Name one person that has inspired you.
Oh dear! I’m having a very hard picking only one person. I’d have to say that I am inspired by people who use their God-given talents to encourage and bless others.
9.What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
Eating a little too much chocolate — moderation is key.
10. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Anything Italian because it’s my favorite cuisine!
11. Your spouse’s boss has heard you cook and invited himself to dinner … what are you making?
Probably eggplant parmesan and stuffed mushrooms.
I would like to nominate:
Hostess At Heart — Julie is another blogger that always makes me feel right at home! She has a loving, giving heart and has been so supportive! Reading her posts always make me smile, brighten my day and inspire me to get in the kitchen and try something new! You will love her blog!
Food By Camilla — I was delighted to discover Camilla’s blog very recently! She is a wonderful inspiration as she blogs on the importance of eating well and living a healthy life! It was also lovely to find out that we are both of Danish descent! I know she will inspire you as well!
Old Country Girl — This is another wonderful blog I discovered recently! I love how Claudia incorporates her grandma’s recipes into her own cooking and that she loves to cook for her family! I’m so excited to try out her recipes, and I know you will be too!
Boston Girl Bakes — With her dazzling array of home-baked goodies and witty sense of humor, it is a joy to visit Heather’s blog! Yes, she bakes and has delicious savory dishes as well! All of her recipes and photos look amazing — be sure to check out her recipe index!
And now — here are my questions for the nominees!
1.What inspired you to begin blogging?
2. What is your favorite meal? Please include a main course, side dish and dessert.
3. What are a few of your favorite hobbies?
4. Is there a favorite chef and/or baker that has been an inspiration to you?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you like to visit or re-visit?
6.What is a motto or quote you live by?
7. What is something that brightens your day?
8. What is your favorite holiday to cook for?
9. Do you prefer the city or the country?
10. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
11. What are five must-haves in your kitchen/pantry?